Headliners include British milliner Stephen Jones OBE, Stuart Weitzman and Colin McDowell MBE.
Cunard’s annual Transatlantic Fashion Week returns in 2019 for its fourth outing. The event will be held on board luxury ocean liner Queen Mary 2, and takes place from July 28 to August 4 this year.
The seven night voyage departs from New York to Southampton, with fares starting at $2299 per person for a twin-share balcony stateroom.
Slated to attend are leading designers from the fashion industry, editors, models and the UK’s top emerging fashion graduates. Runway shows, talks, exhibitions, in-store events, book signings and film screenings will also be held.
Headlining 2019’s Fashion Week is British milliner Stephen Jones OBE. Jones is widely regarded as one of the most influential milleners of the late 20th and early 21st centuries, having crafted iconic hats for the likes of Diana, Princess of Wales, Mick Jagger and Vivienne Westwood.
Besides showcasing some of his most memorable creations in two runway shows, Jones will also be part of a Q & A discussing his career to date.
“I am delighted to be involved in Cunard’s Transatlantic Fashion Week next summer, showing my hats on the most majestic ship in the world,” said Jones. “I look forward to sharing my insights, tips and future trends to look out for with my fellow shipmates on board.”
Other fashion icons in the line-up include:
- Stuart Weitzman: American shoe designer for British royalty and celebrities like Beyonce and Taylor Swift. Weitzman will display a selection of his red carpet shoes, give an inspirational talk and participate in a Q & A.
- Pat Cleveland: One of the first African-American models to achieve prominence as a runway and print model. Cleveland will participate in a Q & A to discuss her five decades in fashion.
- Colin McDowell MBE: The fashion historian and style commentator returns to host several interactive shows and workshops.
- Lindy Woodhead: Author of War Paint and Mr Selfridge, Woodhead will give a talk on her 25-year career in fashion, participate in a Q & A and do book signings.
- Rosemarie Bravo CBE: Currently vice-chairman at Burberry, Rosemarie signed top model Kate Moss and recruited designer Christopher Bailey in 2001. She will participate in a Q & A.
- Stanley Tucker: Having joined Burberry as Senior Vice President of Menswear Worldwide in 1997, Tucker was instrumental in developing the menswear business. He will participate in a Q & A and host a men’s styling workshop.
- STORM model agency: London’s most revolutionary modelling agencies returns with new faces and established names.
Cunard will also partner the Graduate Fashion Foundation to celebrate the work of fashion students and graduates. Six graduates will be chosen by the foundation and Colin McDowell MBE to showcase pieces from their collection.
Previous winners of The Graduate Fashion Week awards include Stella McCartney and Christopher Bailey.
“Alongside the talks, shows, exhibitions and workshop sessions from a who’s who of the fashion world, I am delighted that our guests will also have the chance to meet with all our featured fashion influencers,” said Angus Struthers, VP Marketing and Sales (UK) Cunard. “When you add in the backdrop of the world’s only ocean liner, Queen Mary 2, as she sails across the Atlantic, you have lifelong memories in the making.”
For information and bookings, contact your travel agent or visit www.cunard.com.