The health and safety of cruise passengers and crew are the number one priority of CLIA and its member lines, which make up over 90% of ocean-going cruise capacity worldwide.
With the evolving nature of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, the cruise and travel industry is facing great challenges. Cruise lines teams around the world are working hard to ensure that the health and safety of guests remain the top priority. The cruise industry is one of the most well-equipped and experienced when it comes to managing and monitoring the health conditions of passengers and crew.
Here are five key actions taken by the cruise industry:
- Cruise lines take precautions to conduct passive as well as active screening of passengers and crew for illness prior to boarding when circumstances demand.
- The cruise industry is one of the most well-equipped and experienced when it comes to managing and monitoring health conditions of those on board, with outbreak prevention and response measures in place year-round.
- Ships must be fitted with onboard medical facilities, with shipboard medical professionals available around the clock, 24/7, to provide initial medical care in the event of illness and help prevent disease transmission.
- Given the evolving nature of the ongoing COVID-19, CLIA Members have enhanced protocols for ocean-going guests and crew. For more information, refer to CLIA websites for the latest statements.
- In coordination with cruise lines, medical experts and regulators around the world, CLIA, and its member lines will continue to monitor for new developments related to the COVID-19 closely and will modify these policies as necessary with the utmost consideration for the health and safety of passengers and crew.
Visit https://cliaasia.org for more information.
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA)’s membership offers a globally recognised online training and accreditation programme – specially designed for travel agents – with modules dedicated to cruising related topics, river cruising and key destinations. Visit www.cliaasia.org to join. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest cruise news.